The Smith 1800 drain is ideal for flat roofs of any construction (other than poured in place) where an emergency flow drain can be used in combination with a standard roof drain.
Large sump drain bodies with low profile domes provide sufficient free area for quick drainage of rainwater, while protecting the drain sump and piping from debris.
The internal standpipe-type overflow drain receives water only when the build-up is greater than the setting of the standpipe. The water dam standpipe can be cut to achieve various water depths on the roof.
The attached wide dual drain deck plate with securing holes enables both drains to be secured to the deck from the top of the roof reducing installation time. It reduces roof penetrations and eliminates the need for an underdeck clamp.
The wide dual deck plate also recesses the drains slightly to prevent water build-up at the base of the drains.
- Eliminates need for underdeck clamp.
- Installs from the top of the roof deck.
- Requires only one rectangular roof penetration.
- Recesses the drains slightly to prevent water build-up at the base of the drains.
- Preassembles to deck plate and then put in place.
- Fastens drains and deck plate securely in place.
Regularly furnished with:
- Duco cast iron bodies.
- Combined flashing clamp and gravel stop with 3.5-in. high internal water dam standpipe for overflow drain.
- Deck plate with securing holes provided to receive both drains.
- Both drains provided with polyethylene domes.
- Domes available in aluminum, cast iron, galvanized cast iron and rough bronze.
- Galvanized cast iron body and collar.
- Stainless steel mesh secured to dome.
- Acid resistant coating.
- Speedi-Set® service weight – 2-in., 3-in. and 4-in. sizes only.
- Speedi-Set® extra heavy.
- Threaded outlet.
- Expansion joint.
- Secondary flashing clamp (for extensions).
- Adjustable extension.
- External water dam collar.